Moong Dal Pakora Kadhi Recipe
- Curd/ dahi - 1 bowl
- Mustard/ raai - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt/ namak and black salt/ kala namak to taste
- Coriander/ dhaniya leaves for garnishing
- Spices/ masale - cumin seeds/ jeera, red chili/ lal mirch, turmeric/ haldi, garam masala, coriander/ dhaniya powder - as per choice
- Asafetida/ hing - pinch
- Moong dal (soaked & ground) - 4 tablespoons + 1 bowl
- Oil for frying pakoras
- Ghee for tadka - 1 teaspoon
- Mix 4 tablespoons of soaked and ground moong dal and curd together in a bowl. Add garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric and salt. Make a thin batter for kadhi by adding water accordingly.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and pour this batter on it. Boil it 3 times on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and add 1 bowl ground moong dal in it. Add cumin seeds and black salt and beat till the mixture becomes double.
- Heat enough oil in a kadhai on medium flame and place little balls in it. Fry them and keep aside.
- Add these pakoras to the kadhi batter. Boil this mixture for 3 minutes.
- Tadka - Heat some ghee in a pan and add hing and mustard and cumin seeds to it. Let the seeds crackle. Add red chilli powder now. Switch off the flame.
- Pour the tadka on kadhi. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Delicious 'Moong Dal Pakora Kadhi' is ready to be served!!!