Dahiwali Roti – Famous Breakfast of Gujarat
- Buttermilk/ chaas - 1 cup
- Oil/ tel - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Leftover rotis - 5, torn into small pieces
- Turmeric powder/ haldi - 1/4 teaspoon
- Jaggery/ gur - 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder/ lal mirch - 1 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniyapatta - 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add roti pieces and saute on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame and add butter milk, turmeric powder, jaggery, chili powder and salt.
- Switch on the flame, mix well and cook on slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Quick and healthy 'Dahiwali Roti' is ready to be served for a healthy breakfast!
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.