If you are looking for more cake recipes , here are few more options:
Eggless Suji Tutti Frutti Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
Suji cake is a delicious and healthy Indian cake and is very easy to make at home.
- (2.7 /5)
- 76 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- 1 1/4 cup Fine Suji / Semolina, 1/2 cup plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Tutti Frutti
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Salt
- Grease the cake pan or line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl take fine Suji , plain Yogurt , Milk , Sugar and Oil . Mix all the ingredients very well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, the consistency should appear like the Idly batter. If it appears thick, add little milk ( 1 tsp at at time) and give a good stir.
- Add baking soda, baking powder , pinch of salt , and Vanilla essence to the suji batter and mix slowly. Do not over beat. In the last add the the Tutti Frutti and give a quick stir.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius until the cake turns nice golden brown in color.
- Do a check test with a tooth pick, if the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean, the cake is done, if the tooth pick is sticky, it means the cake is undone. Bake for another 3-5 minutes and allow the cake to completely cool down. Flip it and cut the cake into desired shapes.
- Serve the cake at tea time or as a delicious snacks and enjoy with your loved ones !!
Poonam Bachaav is a an amazing cook who is a mom, home chef and food blogger . A former microbiologist by profession , she is very inspired from her mom's ...Read more about this chef...