Rajasthani Lehsun Chutney – Spicy hot dip which is used mostly with daal baati or my favorite methi poori. But can be had with any roti, phulka, bhakri or sogra too.
Rajasthani Lehsun Chutney
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (2.9 /5)
- 53 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Lahsan (Garlic) - 1 cup
- Pyaaz (Onion) - 1/2 cup (sliced or chopped)
- Saboot Lal Mirch (Whole Dry Red Chillies) - 1/4 cup
- Buttermilk/Water - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 3 - 4 tbsp
- Red chilly powder 1 tspn
- Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
- Jeeta (cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
- Kaali mirch (pepper) - 8-10 pc
- Soak whole lal mirch in water for about 30 minutes. Remove them from water after 30 mins.
- Grind lehsun, pyaaz and soaked lal mirch and little buttermilk (else water) together. You can grind manually or in a grinder. Dont make fine paste. Keep liitle coarse.
- Now Heat ghee in a pan. Add rai, jeera, saboot kali mirch and let them splutter
- Add ground garlicky masala, namak , mirchi and mix well. Fry for about 5-6 minutes.
- Cover and simmer till oil separates. Your lehsun chutney us ready.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 50 Minutes
- Special Category : Pickles
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so ...Read more about this chef...