Sundal With Chickpea – South Indian Cuisine
- Soaked kabuli chana/ chickpeas - 2 bowls
- Urad dal/ white lentils - 1 teaspoon
- Gram dal/ chana dal – 1 tablespoon
- Whole coriander/ khada dhaniya - 2 tablespoons
- Whole red chili/ khadi lal mirch - 2-3
- Coconut/ nariyal powder - 2 tablespoons
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - 10-12
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - 15-20
- Vegetable oil/ tel - 4 tablespoons or as per choice
- Asafoetida/ hing - one pinch
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Boil kabuli chana with 5 bowls of water and salt in a pressure cooker for upto 5-7 whistles. Remove chhole from it.
- Roast gram dal, whole coriander and whole red chili for 4-5 minutes. Grind it in a mixer to make a powder.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and urad dal. Sauté it for 2-3 minutes then add chhole and ground powder and mix it properly.
- Take it in bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and coconut powder.
- 'Sundal With Chickpea' is ready to be served!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!