Punjabi Palak Paneer Tadka
- Spinach : 1/2 kg
- Onion: 2 small pieces
- Tomato: 2 small pieces
- Green Chili: 1 piece
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Garlic: 2 individual cloves
- Ghee or Clarified Butter: 1 tablespoon
- Dahi or Curd : 1/2 cup
- Paneer: 200 gm
- Malai or cream : 1/2 bowl
- Cashew nuts paste or powder : 8-10 pieces
- Spices: Salt, Red Pepper powder, Mustard Seeds, Coriander powder, Garam Masala as per taste.
- Grind Onion, Tomatoes, Ginger, Green Chili and Garlic in a grinder.
- In a deep pan, boil spinach for 10 minutes in water.
- Take spinach out and grind it separately in a grinder. Don’t throw the water away.
- Take a deep pan, add olive oil and heat it. Add mustard seeds to it and then add the onion tomato paste in it.
- Saute the paste till it starts to leave oil on the sides. As soon as it does that, add all the spices mentioned above and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now add curd to it and stir it continuously for 7-8 minutes till it comes to a boil.
- Now add the spinach paste to it. You can add the boiled water from spinach earlier as per the thickness required in the gravy. Saute it now for 5-7 minutes till it comes to a boil.
- Cut the paneer into cubes and now add paneer cubes to the gravy above. Saute it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add cream or malai to palak paneer along with cashew nut paste to add richness to palak paneer.
- Sprinkle grated paneer on the top for garnishing and enjoy yummy palak paneer.
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!