Gur Ki Kheer/ Jaggery Kheer
Punjabi traditional kheer made with gur/jaggery that adds a great taste to regular kheer and every ones loves to have it and relishes it taste.
( This recipe is a part of Zayka ka Tadka contest sponsored by Ciba Tazaa Spices)
- 2 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 1 cup jaggery (gur)
- 1 tablespoon cardamon powder
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg powder
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4-5 cashew nuts, almonds dry roasted for garnishing
- Soak kishmish in water.
- Wash and soak rice for about 15-20 minutes.
- Boil water in pan.
- Add soaked rice and cook for about 15-20 minutes
- Add khoya, cardamon powder, nutmeg powder and mix it well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes then add jaggery and cover it.
- Once gur starts to dissolve, stir it well.
- Add soaked kismish, mix, and when all gur gets dissolved, mix it once more, turn off flame.
- Cover it for about 5 minutes so that all the flavors gets mixed and rice gets dum.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and almonds and serve Hot Gur Ki Kheer