Bananas for baby first food
- Peel a ripe banana.
- Place banana in a food processor or blender and puree.
- You can also mash the banana in a bowl using a regular fork.
Apple puree for baby first food
- Peel, core and cut apple into slices or small pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring apples and water to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the apples are very soft.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Puree using a ladle or blender until smooth and pass through a sieve to remove lumps, if any.
Rice water as baby first food
- Two tablespoons of rice
- 1 cup of water
- Place rice in a saucepan and add water to it.
- Boil until the rice is tender.
- Strain the rice and collect the water. Your rice water is ready.
Lentil soup as baby first food
- 2 tbsps cup yellow moong daal
- 1/2 cup water
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Wash daal in drinking water for 4-5 times, and soak the daal for about 30 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker and add the soaked daal and half a cup of water.
- Add to this a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Cook the daal for 4-5 whistles.
- Let the pressure get released on its own.
- When you open the cooker, use a flat spoon or a ladle to mash the daal and sieve it to avoid any lumps.
Ragi porridge – super food baby first food
- Ragi seeds – 1 cup
- Water – to grind
- Take ragi in a pan and wash it by rubbing well with your hands. Repeat the process 2 to 3 times unless it is clean.
- Soak the ragi in clean water for 8-10 hours. Keep it covered. The colour of the ragi will be slightly changed after soaking.
- Drain the water completely.
- Transfer the ragi to a blender.
- Add ¼ cup of water to it and blend for 2 minutes.
- Again add ¼ cup of water and grind it till smooth.
- Extract the ragi milk by straining using a muslin cloth. Squeeze out the milk completely.
- Discard the ragi and collect the milk in a pan.
- Cook the ragi milk in a saucepan until it becomes thick and like a porridge consistency.
- Switch off the flame once done.
- Serve it warm.