Oats are very healthy. To make use of this super food in an interesting and healthier way is a challenge. Here I present a no oil oats recipe that is easy to prepare and will be loved equally by all ages – Oats Veggie Idli.
Oats Veggie Idli
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Oats - 2 cups
- Semolina/Rawa/Sooji - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Grated veggies (carrot, cabbage, radish) - 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped green chilies - 1
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - A handful
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil for tadka - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Mustard, curry leaves, dry red chilies, urad dal for tadka (optional)
- Add curd, salt, red chili powder, grated veggies and chilies to oats and sooji in a large mixing bowl. Make a batter by adding little water at a time. Final batter should not be too watery. Keep this batter aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil for tadka and add mustard, urad dal, dry red chilies and curry leaves. Tadka is optional. You may add cashews also. Add this tadka to your batter and mix well.
- Grease idli molds. Pour oats batter and steam cook them as you normally do for idlis. After 5 to 7 minutes your Oats Idlis will be ready.
- Serve hot with chutney/sambhar of your choice. Enjoy tasty and healthy Oats Veggie Idli.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so ...Read more about this chef...