Shaam Saveravis a kind of palak paneer recipe. But this version of my recipe does not use paneer. It is made of Aalu/potato kofta stuffed with peas and dunked in palak onion gravy.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Boiled Aloo - 5-6 medium
- Peas/Matar - blanched 1/2 cup
- Spinach/Palak - 300 gms
- Onion - 2-3 medium sized
- Green Chillies - 2-3
- Ginger - 1/2 inch pc grated
- Salt & Red Chili Powder - as per taste
- Besan (Gram Flour) - 1 tspn
- Black pepper powder
- Cumin powder (jeera powder)
- Coriander powder 1 tspn
- Garam masala
- Lemon juice - 1 lemon
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Boil water and add chopped/washed spinach and cook for 4-5 mins. Cover lid and keep aside. Chop onions and green chillies and grind to fine paste.
- Take boiled potatoes. Mash them. Add little salt, black pepper powder, cumin powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Take blanched peas and coarsely grind it. Heat tspn oil. Add the coarsely grind peas and roast it. Add salt, garam masala, pinch of red chili powder and besan to it. Roast all nicely such that the mixture is cooked properly and gets dried. Let it cool in a separate bowl.
- When it gets cooled, make tiny small balls of peas mixture.
- Next Take a big ball of potato mix, flatten it between palms. Slightly press in centre, place peas mixture ball and roll out potato mix smoothly into balls.
- You may roll these balls/koftas into corn paste and deep fry them. But I used appe pan and fried into it w/o using corn/maida batter. Cook till they turn golden brown in color.
- Now heat a tbspn oil in a kadhai. Give tadka of jeera and heeng. Then add the onion chilli paste to it. Cook on low flame for 7-8 mins till the raw smell goes off.
- Add black pepper, salt and garam masala to this. Then add the spinach paste to this and cook for 7-8 mins. Add coriander powder.
- Keep stirring in between. Cook till the spinach onion gravy reduces to a thick and thicker one. Squeeze the lemon juice and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and place your koftas and garnish as per your imagination.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so ...Read more about this chef...