Urad Dal Vada Sambhar And Coconut Chutney
Urad Dal vada with sambhar is a wholesome meal. This dish contains dal and vegetables and can be eaten at any time of the day. It is relished with coconut chutney as well.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- INGREDIENTS FOR VADA - Urad dal (soaked for 1 hour) - 1 cup
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - 1 big
- Salt, pepper corn, red chilli powder and chopped green chilli/ hari mirch - 2 teaspoons each
- Curry and coriander leaves - a handfull
- Rawa/ semolina - 2 tablespoons
- Oil as required for frying
- INGREDIENTS FOR SAMBHAR - Arhar dal (soaked for 1/2 an hour) - 1 cup
- Chopped vegetables like pumpkin, carrots, drumsticks etc. - 1 cup
- Salt, pepper, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, sambhar powder - 2 teaspoons each
- Curry leaves and dried whole chillies, mustard seeds for tadka
- Oil for tadka - 2 tablespoons, tamarind pulp - 2 tablespoons
- INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT CHUTNEY
- Fresh coconut(chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Roasted peanuts - 2 tablespoons
- Fresh curd - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - tastewise
- For tadka - oil - 2 teaspoons
- TADKA FOR CHUTNEY - Mustard seeds, dry whole chilly and curry leaves - a hand ful
- VADA - Grind dal coarsely. Add all the other ingredients mentioned above for vada and mix and beat well to incorporate air into the batter. This will make the vadas fluffier.
- Wet a plastic sheet and spread 1 spoon of mix and shape it like vada with another wet hand.
- Fry the vadas until crisp golden brown.
- SAMBHAR - Boil dal with 5-6 cups of water and salt, turmeric powder and all the veggies.
- When cooked, mash the dal properly and add tamarind pulp and boil again.
- Make tadka by heating oil, asafoetida, mustard seeds, dry whole chilies and curry leaves.
- Add all the powdered spices and add tadka to the sambhar.
- COCONUT CHUTNEY - Grind coconut and roasted peanuts with fresh curd and salt.
- FOR TADKA - Heat the oil and add mustard seed and curry leaves until they crackle. Add whole dry red chilli. Pour this tadka over the chutney.
- South Indian meal 'Urad Dal Vada Sambhar And coconut Chutney is ready to be served.
A teacher by profession but baker by passion. I love doing experiments with baking - both sweet and savoury dishes. I am always excited to try something new for my friends and family.