Aloo Kachori – Delicious Snacks!
- Boiled large Potatoes – 2
- Arrowroot – ½ cup
- Bread slices – 2
- FOR STUFFING
- Khus Khus – 2 tablespoon
- Roasted Groundnut coarse powder - 1/2 cup
- Dry coconut scrapped – 1 cup
- Rava – 2 tablespoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- KACHORI OUTER COVERING:
- Make bread crumbs from breads. Add this to the boiled potatoes, salt and coriander leaves and mash well without any lumps.
- You can add some Arrowroot powder to avoid the stickiness and mix well.
- TO MAKE THE STUFFING:
- Roast the khus khus, rava, dry coconut in dalda separately till light brown.
- Powder the sugar. Add the khus khus, rava, dry coconut,green chillies, salt, ground nut powder, sugar powder and give a whip.
- You can also use a blender – but just give a whip. We want a coarse powder. We are grinding only to mix all the ingredients well.
- TO MAKE KACHORIES:
- Take a small dumpling of the potato mixture and with a hand make a dip in the middle –in the way modak is made.
- Take a spoonful of the stuffing mixture and stuff it in the dip made and seal it.
- Coat these balls in the arrowroot powder.
- Heat oil in the pan for deep frying . Add slowly one by one the kachories for frying.
- Adjust the flame into medium heat and flip over the Kachories and fry them.
- Once golden brown, remove them and drain.
- "Crispy Aloo Kachories" are ready . Serve them with chutney/ ketchup.