Spinach And Moong Dal Mangodi – Yummy Curry
- Moong dal mangodi/ bari - 1/2 cup
- Potatoes/ aloo chopped - 2
- Palak/ spinach leaves - 250 gms
- Chopped tomatoes/ tamatar - 1/2 bowl
- Green chili/ hari mirch : 2 pieces
- Ginger/ adarak - 1 inch piece
- Spices/ masale - cumin/ jeera, turmeric/ haldi, red chili/ lal mirch/ coriander/ dhaniya powder as per taste
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Oil/ tel : 2-3 tablespoons
- Water as required to boil the spinach and mangodi
- Fry Mangodi in 1 tablespoon of oil on medium flame. Add mangodi, aloo, salt and water in a pressure cooker and take a whistle. Slow down the flame and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set it aside.
- Wash and boil the spinach leaves with a pinch of salt and water as required. Once the spinach is boiled, grind it to puree in a grinder. Set it aside.
- Make paste of tomatoes, chilies and ginger. Set it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add jeera. Let the seeds crackle and then add above paste of tomatoes, ginger and chilies. Saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add all mentioned spices and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled mangodi, aloo and spinach puree to the curry. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes. Curry is done.
- Healthy and nutritious 'Spinach And Moong Dal Mangodi' is ready to be served with hot phulkas/ rice.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!