Mixed Dal Tadka – Flavorsome And Healthy
- Mixed lentils/ dal - 2 cups (masoor/ red lentil, moong/ green gram and arahar dal/ red gram)
- Onions/ pyaz chopped - 2
- Tomatoes/ tamatar chopped - 2
- Green chili/ hari mirch - 2
- Garlic/ lehsun chopped - 2 cloves
- Kashmiri red dry chilies/ khadi lal mirch - 2
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniyapatta - a hand full
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee/ oil - 4 teaspoons
- Spices/ masale as per taste - coriander/ dhaniya powder, turmeric/ haldi powder, red chili/ lal mirch powder, garam masala
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1 pinch
- Water/ pani as required for boiling dal
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Wash mixed dal in running water for 2-3 times.
- Heat a pressure cooker and then add washed dal, water, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, salt and tomatoes. Allow 2 whistles on medium flame.
- FOR TADKA - Heat ghee on medium flame. Add kashmiri dry red chili, mustard and cumin seeds to it. Once seeds crackle, add chopped garlic and onions and fry them till onions become translucent.
- Add chopped green chilies and boiled dal and mix very well. Add water if required.
- Add garam masala powder and freshly chopped coriander leaves. Then switch off the flame in 5 minutes.
- Healthy and easy 'Mixed Dal Tadka' is ready to be served with jeera rice/ roti.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!