Kadhi Pakora – Yummy Curry
- Sour Curd - 250 grams
- Besan/ Chickpea Flour - 150 grams (100 gms for kadhi and 50 gms for pakora)
- Chopped onion - 1 medium
- Chopped garlic - 5-6 cloves
- Whole red chilies - 2
- Hing/Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chilli powder as per taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil as per requirement
- Paanch phoran mix - 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 4-5
- Water as per requirement
- FOR PAKORAS: Take 50 grams besan and add a bit of salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder to it. Mix well, add some water and prepare a pakora mix.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the pakoras and keep them aside.
- FOR KADHI: Take curd and add besan, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and whisk properly. Add water (around three times of the curd) and mix properly. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida, whole red chilli, curry leaves, paanch phoran.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute until they turn golden brown.
- Add the kadhi mixture and cook on high heat. When it starts boiling, lower the heat and cook. Add the pakoras to it and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy Kadhi Pakoras with hot chapati or rice.
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .