Chickpeas Curry – With A Twist of Tamarind
Chickpeas curry is an authentic curry cooked in North Indian kitchens.
Chick peas curry is made of chickpeas/kabuli chana with a twist of tamarind to enhance the taste of the curry. It can be served hot with bhatura, roti or rice, as you like. Here is a quick recipe for chickpeas curry.
For more delicious recipes like chickpeas curry, please click on the following links.
- Tamarind water - 1 small cup
- Onions(medium sized) - 2
- Green chillies - 2
- Garlic - 5-6 pods
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Tomatoes(medium sized) - 4
- Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida/hing - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon(i have used CiBA taaza masala..as it tastes better than other chaat masala)
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - as per taste(its alredy in boiled chickpeas so put accordingly)
- Oil to cook
- Blend onion,tomatoes,garlic,gingerand green chillies together in a mixer jar to make a paste
- Chickpeas -1 cup(soaked overnight,boiled with a tea bag and salt)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida/hing and let it crackle.
- Add the blended mixture of tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger to the oil.
- Saute till It turns light brown.
- Add all the spices and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now, add chickpeas and mix well. Add water if required.
- Let the curry boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve chickpeas curry with roti, paratha or bhatura.