Brinjal Chutney With Tadka – Spicy Treat
- Baigan/ brinjal/ eggplant - 100 gms
- Onions/ pyaz chopped - 1
- Kashmiri red dry chili/ khadi lal mirch - 8
- Garlic/ lehsun : 4
- Ginger/ adarak : 1 small piece
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - a sprig
- Mustard/ raai - 1 tablespoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Olive oil/ jaitoon ka tel – 4 teaspoons
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1 pinch
- Chop brinjal, onions, garlic and ginger in small pieces. Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, red dry chilies and onions to it.
- Once the onions turns translucent, add brinjal to it. Saute for 5 minutes till it gets tender.
- Let this mixture be cooled down and the grind it in a mixure.
- Heat 2 tabespoons of oil in the same pan and asafoetida and mustard seeds to it.
- Let the seeds gets crackle. Then add curry leaves and saute for a while.
- Now add the grinded paste of brinjal and salt and mix well. Switch off the gas now.
- Spicy and yummy 'Brinjal Chutney With Tadka' is ready to be served with Idli/ chapati/ paratha.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!