Black Chana Soup : A Truly Comforting Soup
- Cumin seeds : 1 teaspoon
- Hing/ Asafoetida : 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee : 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice : 1 tablespoon
- Salt ( to taste)
- Onion greens / spring onion ( for garnishing)
- Water : 4 cups
- Black chana : 1 cup
- Boil the black chana with water and salt for 30 minutes. Keep aside about two tablespoons of whole boiled chana aside (for further use).
- Add 1/2 cup boiled chana to mixer and grind it to make chana paste. (Keep the water used to boil for further use).
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and hing to it.
- Add the chana paste to it and saute.
- Add the chana water ( in which chana was boiled) to it and give it a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoon whole chana (ones which have not been grinded) to it and simmer the gas and keep it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add black pepper powder and switch off the gas.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with spring onion.
- The healthy and comforting black chana soup is ready. Have it and feel energetic!
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.