Chumchum – Bengali Special Sweet
- Paneer/Home made Cheese - prepared with 1 litre of Milk
- Sugar(Powder) for making Chumchum - 2 Cups
- Water for making Chumchum - 5 Cups
- Pistas (dry fruits) - 10
- Milk for making Malaai/Rabri Cream - 2 Cups
- Sugar for making Malaai Cream - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4th tbsp
- Kesar Strands - 10
- Take Paneer(Home made or Readymade)in a plate and knead it properly with your palms for around 5 minutes, so as to make it a smooth dry dough. Remember Paneer should not have a simgle drop of Water in it. It must be completely dry.
- Add Kesar Strands to the knead Paneer. Mix it well and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile let's prepare the Sugar Syrup for the Sweet. Boil Water in a Heavy and Thick bottomed vessel,and add Sugar to it to make a Sugar Syrup. Take a large vessel,as the Chumchum will get doubled in size once cooked.
- Divide Paneer into 8 Equal Oval Shaped Balls. Check the Syrup,once the Sugar is dissolved completely in Water, add Paneer Balls in the Sugar syrup on medium flame. Remain the Lid of the Pan to be covered while Paneer balls are cooked.
- Cook the Paneer balls for about 10 minutes and then flip them and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once cooked properly,the Chumchum will get doubled in colour. Remove the Chumchum from the flame now and let it be cooled down completely for around 15 minutes.
- Now Chumchum Sweet is Ready to get Served. There are 3 ways of serving this Chumchum.
- First,you can serve them with Pista coatings on it.
- Second, you can serve them with Dry Coconut Powder coating on it.
- Third,you can serve them with Home made Malaai/Rabri.
- Let's start preparing Rabri for serving Chumchum. Boil Milk in a Heavy and Thick Bottomed Vessel. Keep stirring so as to avoid the burning of the Milk.
- Once the Milk is Reduced to half, add Cardamom Powder and Sugar and Stir it for 2 minutes. Now Switch off the flame. Rabri is Ready now.
- While Rabri is warm,pour 1 tbsp of Rabri on 1 piece of Chumchum.
- I have used Pistas and Rabri for serving Sweet and Delicious Chumchum.
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!