Aloo Pyaz Kachori In Oven – Oil Free Snack
- FOR DOUGH :
- All purpose flour/ maida - 1 cup
- Carom seeds/ ajwain - 1 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Water as required to make maida dough for kachori
- Salt/ namak (to taste)
- FOR STUFFING :
- Boiled potatoes/ aloo - 1/2 bowl
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - 1/2 bowl
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 tablespoon
- Black cumin seeds/ kalaunji - 1/2 tablespoon
- Spices/ masale as per taste - turmeric/ haldi, red chili/ mirch, dry mango powder/ amchur, garam masala
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta as required for garnishing
- For Dough - Make the dough for kachori by mixing all ingredients (for dough) mentioned above. The dough should not be too hard nor too smooth. Cover it and rest it for 30 minutes.
- For Stuffing - Meanwhile let's prepare the stuffing for kachoris. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add cumin seeds to it. Once the seeds crackle, add chopped onions and saute till it becomes translucent. Add chopped potatoes and all spices and mix well. Saute the mix for another 3-4 minutes and then switch off the flame. Stuffing for kachori is ready now. Allow it to cool down completely.
- Make medium size balls from the dough and roll them to 1 inch diameter with the help of a rolling pin. Fill the stuffing on kachori and cover it while joining the edges properly. Flatten them slightly with the help of your palms. Apply some oil on both sides of the kachoris.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 degrees C. Grease the oven tray with some oil/ ghee. Bake kachoris for around 15 minutes on one side. Then flip the other side and bake them for another 10-15 minutes. Take them out from oven and transfer them to a serving plate.
- Crispy and mouth watering 'Aloo Pyaz Kachori In Oven' are ready now. Serve them with green and tamarind chutney. Enjoy every bite!
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!