Punjbai special Indian traditional dal pinnis that are healthy, delicious and tasty and loved by all!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (4.7 /5)
- 9 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- 1 cup dhuli urad dal
- 1/2 cup suji
- 4 tablespoon besan
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup magaz
- 1/2 cup pista
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 1/2 tablespoon cardamon powder
- Soak urad dhuli dal for about 1-2 hours.
- Grind it finely with very little water
- In kadai, add ghee, almonds, pistas, and magaz and fry them a little and take them out.
- Keep aside few almonds and pistas for garnishing.
- In same kadai, add finely grinded urad dhuli dal.
- Roast it for 1-2 minutes and then add besan and suji.
- On slow flame, keep on roasting dal mixture till it gets brownish.
- Meanwhile, in other pan, add water and add sugar to make sugar syrup of one string consistency.
- In dal mixture, add khoya and cadamon powder and roast it well.
- Add sugar syrup and mix well.
- Keep on stiring well till it starts to get thicken.
- Once it starts to leave edges of kadai, then add pistas and magaz.
- Turn off flame.
- Once it starts to get cooled down, make balls from it.
- Place almonds and pistas on top of pinnis and serve Dal Pinni and enjoy .