Rajasthani (Jodhpuri) Kabuli Rice or Vegetable Biryani is one of the most famous and delicious dishes of Rajasthan. Till date, every guest who has come for dinner has loved this dish and asked for the recipe. So I am putting this recipe for everyone today….
The Mouthwatering Rajasthani (Jodhpuri) Kabuli Rice!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Expert
- (2.9 /5)
- 5 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Golden Sella Rice ( or Basmati Rice): 250 gm
- Potato: 5 small pieces
- Onion: 4 small pieces
- Cauliflower- cut pieces: 1 bowl
- Tomato: 4 small pieces
- Green peas: 1 small bowl
- Green Chili : 2 pieces
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Fresh curd or Yogurt – 1 small bowl
- Coriander leaves
- Spices: Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala
- Rajasthani Gatte ( Take 1 cup besan ( gram flour or chickpea flour) and mix salt, hing (asofetida), red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds and fennel seeds powder. Also add one teaspoon oil. Add little water and make dough of it. Make long rolls out of it . Boil it for 15 minutes in water. Cut the roll now in small round pieces.
- Cashew nuts- 8-10 pieces for garnishing
- First take rice in a pan, add salt, peas and water ( 4 times the rice) in it and boil it.
- Slice onion, potato and tomato in round pieces.
- Take a pan or kadhai, put oil in it to deep fry potato slices and cauliflower florets.
- Take the curd in a pan, add salt, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, cut ginger and chopped green chili. Mix it properly. Take a pan now, add one tablespoon of oil in it and add the above curd mixture to it. Now mix it continuously till the curd comes to a boil ( 5 minutes approx.). Add Gatte, fried potato and cauliflower to it. Add 1/2 bowl of water in this mixture and once it start boiling, take the prepared vegetables off.
- Take a transparent bowl, put a layer of rice first. Then add above it the layer of vegetables cooked above. Then put the layer of rice on top again. Then add the layer of tomatoes and onion to it. Continue to put layers till the rice, cooked vegetables, tomatoes and onions are finished. Onion and Tomatoes are to put fresh and not fried.
- Garnish now on top with tomatoes and onions slices. Put Green Chilis and cashew nuts also along with it.
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!Read more about this chef...