Ram Ladoo is a street food recipe that is popular in Delhi. It is a version of moong dal pakodas along with other interesting spices! Try this recipe for this Diwali and your family would just love it.
Ram Ladoo – Famous Delhi Street Food
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (3.2 /5)
- 3 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Moong dal - 1/4 cup
- Green Chilli - 2
- Chopped Coriander - 1 Tbsp
- Grated Ginger - 1/4 inch
- Grated White Radish - 1/2
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Garam Masala - a pinch
- Salt - 1/2 tsp (as per taste)
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak moong dal in water overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Drain the water completely and grind the moong dal into a coarse paste.
- Whisk the moong dal paste with hand for a few minutes to make it fluffy.
- Now add hing, red chilli powder, chat masala, garam masala, salt and grated ginger and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and when the oil is hot enough, lower the flame.
- Now drop the balls in the oil and let it fry on low flame until they turn golden brown.
- Garnish the balls with chopped coriander, grated radish, coriander chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
- Recipe Type : Snacks
I am the founder of Meraki Kitchen, which provides one-stop solutions for all your party needs, for a limited audience of 5-20 people. Quad Pod - a dedicated 4 person ...Read more about this chef...