Peanuts Til Chikki using Gur (Peanuts Seasame Jaggery Bar) is a delicious Rajasthani sweet energy bar which is very healthy and so yummy that you can’t resist eating two three at a time :)…You can make this in 5 minutes..! is a jhatpat healthy way of using fiber and is a source of instant energy. Good for children, elders, sportsperson and all. This is very easy to cook too.
Peanuts Til ki Chikki ( Homemade Energy Bar)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Peanuts - 1 cup
- Til/Sesame seeds - 1/2 cup
- Gur/jaggery - 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1 tspn
- Elaichi powder - 1 tspn
- Oats - 1/2 cup optional
- Dry roast peanuts. Remove the skin by rubbing between palms. Keep aside the roasted skinless peanuts.
- Next dry roast sesame seeds and the oats(if using). Keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan. Add 1/2 tspn ghee and then add crushed gur to it.
- When gur melts, add peanuts, sesame and oats. Mix well.
- Turn flame low and keep stirring the nuts and gur mix such that it does not stick to the bottom.
- Afte a min or so when it starts leaving sides, add elaichi powder. Mix well and off the flame.
- Keep a plate or surface of your kitchen stand greased.
- Now immediately pour the mix on that plate and with hands wet flatten and spread it evenly.
- Still while soft, make your marks of desired size with a knife. Let it cool. When cool, it becomes little harder.
- Now cut and store your chikki bars. Healthy and nutricious energy chikki is ready.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so ...Read more about this chef...