Paneer Chili with a twist of idli. This dish is a classic fusion of Indo-Chinese cuisine. A dry starter and can be accompanied by noodles or fried rice. A perfect dish for any party. Loved by kids as well as grown-ups.
Paneer Chili Idli – Indo-Chinese Fusion
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Recipe Text size
- Paneer and idli cubes - one bowl each
- Grated ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 teaspoon
- Red chili sauce - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilies - 1
- Chopped onion cubes - 1/2
- Chopped Red bell pepper cubes - 1/2
- Chopped Tomato- 1/4 piece
- Tomato ketchup- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Soy sauce- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and shallow fry the idlis. Set this aside.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil and add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Sauté on medium flame for a minute.
- Add onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add red bell pepper and tomato and let it cook for another minute.
- Now add tomato ketchup, Chili sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and let it cook for one minute.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes so that paneer absorbs the taste of sauces.
- Add shallow fried idlis and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot as starters or appetizer.
- Servings : 2
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Snacks
Financial Analyst by profession and foodie by nature. I love to experiment the traditional Indian recipes by adding twist to it. Since I stay UAE, I get the exposure of ...Read more about this chef...