Palak or Spinach Soup is a very healthy and full of nutrition soup/starter. Adding tomatoes to this gives it more flavor and color. Yet another form of eating healthy veggies.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Spinach - 1/2 bunch
- Tomatoes - 1 piece
- Carrots - 2 baby carrots
- Jeera - less than 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - a pinch
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Chop the veggies. Heat oil in a pan
- Add jeera in the oil pan
- Now add carrots and cook it for a minute.
- Add spinach and sprinkle salt over it.
- Add chopped tomato and sprinkle a pinch of sugar over it.
- Cook this mix for a minute. Then add one tablespoon of water and cover the lid.
- Let it cook until the vegetables are half boiled.
- Pour this in a blender and mix till it gets a smooth texture.
- Heat this mix again in a pan for 2-3 mins. Add a few drops of lemon to get a tangy taste.
- Serve delcious Palak Soup hot.
Financial Analyst by profession and foodie by nature. I love to experiment the traditional Indian recipes by adding twist to it. Since I stay UAE, I get the exposure of ...Read more about this chef...