This is traditional Maharashtra recipe and this special recipe of modak gives a new dimension to its taste, making it more healthier..
Amba Baklava Modak
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (4.9 /5)
- 7 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 5-6 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-5 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1/4 cup each of almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- salt a pinch
- orange zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- In bowl, add rice flour and ghee and rub it till it becomes like breadcrumbs.
- Then add mango puree and add little water if required and knead dough and keep it aside.
- Roast all dry fruits in ghee till they get brownish and then coarsely grind them.
- Take pan, add sugar and once it starts to caramelize, then add butter and lower the flame.
- Add roasted dry fruits, grated coconut, orange zest and cinnamon powder, pinch of salt and mix it well.
- Let it cook till it starts to thicken and starts to leave the sides of pan and then turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down this baklava filling
- To make modaks, take the dough of chawal ka atta and grease modak moulds with ghee and then put some portion of dough inside it.
- Press dough evenly with thumb on sides of mould, make space in the centre, add baklava filling and close it.
- Steam the modaks in a steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve Amba Baklava Modaks and enjoy your day :)