I am sure everyone must be busy for preparing for Ganapati’s welcome arrangements.I have prepared “Rava Coconut Ladoos” for his arrival,as Ganesha is fond of sweets specially Laddoos. Every year we celebrate Ganesha’s B’day with lots of fun. Laddoos are favourite among all sweets for my little champ at home too.Wish you a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi !!!
Rava Coconut Laddoo
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (4 /5)
- 29 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Freshly Grated Coconut Powder - 1 Cup
- Rava - 2 Cup
- Sugar - 1.5 Cup
- Ghee - 1/4th Cup
- Water - 1/2 Cup
- Cashews - 5-6
- Almonds - 5-6
- Raisins - 5-6
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tbsp
- Melt ghee in a thick and heavy bottomed vessel. Roast all Nuts and Raisins and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add Rava and roast it for around 10-15 minutes on medium flame till the colour changes to Golden Brown. Keep stirring continuously as it will avoid burning of Rava.
- Meanwhile the Rava gets roasted, let's prepare the Sugar Syrup on another pan.
- Take Water and Sugar and Boil it on a high flame, till the sugar gets dissolves. Now lower the flame and let it be on flame for some more time.
- After 10 minutes,check the Sugar Syrup, it must be thicken and close to Single Thread consistency. Switch off the flame now. Sugar syrup is ready.
- Check Rava now. Once the colour of the Rava changes to Golden Brown, add freshly grated Coconut Powder to it and mix it well.
- Add Nuts,Raisins and Cardamom Powder to the Coconut Rava mixture and mix it properly.
- Now pour the Sugar Syrup on to the Mixture slowly while mixing it well.
- Laddoo Mixture is ready now. Let it cool down for 3-5 minutes, so as to get ready to prepare Laddoos.(Do not let the mixture to cool down for longer time,as you won't be able to make Laddoos properly out of it)
- Now make small round Laddoos with the help of your palm.
- Serve Rava Coconut Ladoos to Ganesha Pooja and store it in an air tight container.
- Note - In case you find it difficult to make laddoos, add a cup of milk to the laddoo mixture while heating it in a pan. Mix well with a spoon and let it be on the flame for 5 minutes. The mixture would be thick enough to make laddoos.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my ...Read more about this chef...