My daughter keeps on asking me everyday what’s new for snacks with evening chai? So yesterday when she said that she is bored of eating bhujia with evening chai, I decided as a mom, let’s make something healthy as well as yummy for my daughter. So I tried whole wheat coconut cookies!! What a hit it was with my entire family…I ended up making second batch of cookies in just 25 minutes :):). Here is the recipe in case you would like to try freshly baked coconut cookies for your family:
Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Whole Wheat Flour : 1 cup
- Suji : 1/2cup
- Ghee : 1/2 cup
- Crushed sugar : 1/2 cup
- Coconut: 1/2 cup
- Walnut or Almond: As per the number of cookies made ( to be put on the top of the cookies)
- Milk: 3-4 tbsp
- Baking Soda: 1/2 tsp
- Mix ghee and sugar together thoroughly with a spoon so that the mixture becomes a little fluffy.
- Add coconut powder and mix it.
- Add whole wheat four, suji, baking soda and milk and make a dough from it. Keep it aside for 10 minutes covering the dough with muslin cloth.
- In the meantime, preheat oven at 180 degree.
- Make circular balls from the dough and press each round ball a little from the center. In the center, then put walnut or almond in the center.
- Then bake the cookies for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Jhatpat whole wheat healthy cookies are ready to eat ..Serve them hot with a garma garam chai as evening snacks!!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!Read more about this chef...