Kesar Kheer is a very popular Indian dessert in which rice is cooked in milk and sugar . It is flavored with cardamom powder and saffron . There are many variations in making KHEER like lauki ki kheer ,carrot kheer , sabudana kheer and many more kheer recipes. Among all of them RICE KHEER is the most popular in india.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (3.8 /5)
- 9 ratings
- Recipe Text size
- Milk - 1 L
- Condensed Milk 180 ml
- Rice 3 Tbsp
- Saffron Threads 10
- Green Cadimom Powder 1 Tbsp
- Choped Dry fruits 1/2 Cup
- Pista For Garnishing
- Soak the rice into the water for atleast 1/2 hour.
- Take 3-4 Tbsp of warm milk and put Kesar thread into milk and mix well and keep aside
- Now take a heavy bottom pan and boil the milk ,after boiling put soaked rice into the milk and mix well
- Keep the flame on between low - medium and keep stirring otherwise milk will be burn inthe bottom
- When milk become half of the quantity then add Saffron threads into the milk
- Now check rice whether it has been cooked propperly and when milk starts becoming thick, then add condensed milk , green cardimom powder and dry fruits. Mix well.
- (You can use sugar instead of condensed milk )
- After adding condensed milk, boil the kheer for 6-8 min on a slow flame for thickening of kheer and switch off the flame .
- Now the kheer is ready for serving (hot or cold according to your likes) and garnish with pista and almond
- Recipe Notes- Thick rice is good for the kheer and cook on a slow - medium flame and keep stirring ,.Dont put suger or condensed milk before rice has been completely cooked .When rice is cooked then put sugar or condensed milk .
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 1 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Desserts
I think that Eating is a necessity but cooking is an art. It is my passion and I keep on trying with new dishes and recipes at home. I have ...Read more about this chef...