All Recipes or Posts by Vijay Haldiya
There was a time when you search Google for a mixer-grinder, you would only get a handful of names. Today, however, you have a lot of choices. Recently, we received the Preethi Zodiac 750W Mixer-Grinder for Zayka Ka Tadka Kitchen and I wanted to share my experience with the vast range of functions that it can perform.
My mom (cofounder of Zayka Ka Tadka) has always been a great cook and for her, cooking comes very naturally. As you know, typical Indian Moms believe in their efficiency in doing everything by hands. In good old days, we did have a food processor at home but it was hardly every used. When we received Zodiac, we thought let’s give it a try and we were very happy that we did.
It is very smooth in its operation and does a great job quickly. Few things that we tried:
~ Banana slicing for Banana chips (30 seconds). ( Banana chips Recipe: http://zaykakatadka.com/recipe-items/banana-chips-crispy-snacks-in-10-minutes/ )
~ Carrot grating for Gajar ka Halwa/Gajar Pak (2 minutes rather than 10 minutes by hand and risking getting fingers hurt).
~ Vegetable chopping for Rajwada Paneer/Paneer Paratha (30 seconds). ( Rajwada Paneer Recipe: http://zaykakatadka.com/recipe-items/shahi-rajwada-paneer-in-15-minutes/ & Paneer Paratha Recipe: http://zaykakatadka.com/recipe-items/paneer-paratha-in-just-10-minutes-instant-recipe/)
~ Fresh Fruit Juice and Coconut Milk in couple of minutes.
Personally, we are very happy with this product and it’s worth a try for everyone for its efficiency, the amount of time it takes and effort it saves in using its all-in-one functions. In case you want to know more about it, you can find the details on Amazon here: Preethi Zodiac MG 218 750-Watt Mixer Grinder (Review and Description)
Here’s a general guide to buying the perfect mixer-grinder:
The pearls of wisdom:
- Motor power is Crucial. A higher motor power will ease the grinding process and will not wear out the motor. Generally, a 750W mixer grinder is perfect for all domestic cooking functions.
- The type of mixer-grinder totally depends on your needs. If you need an all in one appliance, then opt for a food processor
- After sales service is the most important factor while buying a mixer-grinder. A mixer-grinder is one such appliance, which on breakdown puts a full stop to all cooking processes. The taste of food is spoiled if the ingredients get heated. So, you should look for a mixie with effective cooling technology which keeps the motor cool throughout the grinding.
- Safety is vital when buying a mixer-grinder. Look for a mixie that provides protection from overloading, overheating and shocks. The mixie should be elegantly designed to match the interiors of your kitchen, if look and feel matters to you.
So with these things in mind, where does Zodiac stand when we used it personally in our kitchen:
- Preethi’s Zodiac has a 750 Watt motor that can grind turmeric in just 2 minutes or whole black pepper in just 60 seconds.
- Zodiac is an all-in-one mixer-grinder. Apart from the mixer-grinder jars, it can be used for chopping, slicing, grating, mincing, kneading and citrus press, and a 3-In-1 Insta Juicer for fresh fruit juicing, super-extraction and blending.
- The features we liked were the 1 min Atta kneading for paneer parathas J and pulse chopping.
- One feature that stood out was that Preethi provides life-long free service and Zodiac cones with 5 year Warranty.
- With a 3D Cooling Technology and a safety indicator for complete protection, Zodiac motor can go on for years
- Personally we feel, Zodiac has a very cool and stylish design.
The price of the product on Amazon is Rs. 6,640. In case you want to know more about it, you can find the details on Amazon here: Preethi Zodiac MG 218 750-Watt Mixer Grinder (Review and Description)
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post but I am sharing it because after using the product, we simply loved it. That’s why I have shared my personal views also in the above post. Amazing product indeed! You can read more about Preethi Kitchen and their impressive portfolio of products: (http://www.preethi.in/mixer-
Subscribe to us
- IPL Fever | 5 Tips To Host An IPL Cricket Party At Home
- How Kitchen Time Can Be A Good Summer Break Experience For Children
- “Ayurveda Is The Science Of Living” – In Conversation With Dr. Dhanya Dilip
- IPL Fever | Find Out What Your Favorite Cricketers Like To Eat
- 5 Fun Recipe Ideas To Cook Together With Your Kids